Discover more from Everything Is Horrible
Best Roots Music of 2022
Me vs. The No Depression Poll
The No Depression critics poll dropped. I contributed since I write for them on occasion…but I managed to be so off-center with my choices that literally none of them made it on the list!
So in rage and spite I thought I’d include my choices for the poll here. Take that, other No Depression critics!
10. Valerie June—Covers
9. Billy Strings—Me/and/Dad
8 .Nytt—Blood of the West
6. Onom Agemo and the Disco Jumpers and Ahmed Ag Kaedy—Tartit
5. Thomas Dollbaum—Wellswood
4. Anthony D’Amato—At First There Was Nothing
3. Meridian Brothers & El Grupo Renacimiento— Meridian Brothers & El Grupo Renacimiento
2. Zabelle Panosian—I Am Servant of Your Voice (March 1917-June 1918)
1. Congotronics International—Where’s The One?
Everything Is Horrible is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.